Ron's Material Leadership Blog

It is my sincerest hope that the stories I share are helpful to others. I have experienced first hand that many people toil in obscurity, searching for answers, ashamed to reach out and ask for help. This blog will contain experiences and wisdom that I have gained over the years that I hope will offer guidance in dealing with some of life's challenges.

Why the name material leadership? If you are curious the answer is on my website. www.materialleadership.com
The link on the side bar.

Lead well

Ron

Monday, November 5, 2007

A New set of Links: Blogs I like

Hey everyone

Over the past 6 months as I have entered the Blogging world, I have been exposed to a number of excellent blogs. Some are written by friends others by new acquaintances who I want to introduce to you.

Management by God

By Dan King

This is a great Blog that explores management and leadership from a wholly biblical perspective. It is very well written and has the added benefit of getting a solid Bible study in as you read. I have always been a fan of the "two fur". The world would be far better off by learning from this blog. I highly recommend this blog.

Results Through Integrity

By Doug Ross

Doug and I met through Linked In and have been friends since. He has a unique way of crafting stories that make learnings come easily. He and I share many core values not the least of which are faith and integrity. Integrity as the name suggests is the central topic of his blog. The world would do well to learn from this one also.

Develop a Leader

By Myself ;-)

So I write it. I have pretty high standards; I wont write it and publish it if I don't think it is good.
This blog is targeted at those who have not yet begun to be coached into leading. The younger generations. It has more of an edge than this blog. I really wanted to cut the crap and deal with the reality of leadership development without coddling people.

Lead Quietly

By Don Fredricksen

I just found this one and like it a lot. I am a big fan and student of servant leadership. This blog speaks to that and actually mentions Robert Greenleaf. For those who do not know Mr. Greenleaf is credited as one of the early modern writers of this leadership genre. Don covers a lot of important ground in his blog and I find it complimentary to my own thoughts on leadership and leadership development. Check it out!

The Engaging Brand

By Anna Farmery

Anna has a great podcast by the same name. I really love the podcast as I find her to be a highly skilled interviewer. She asks the type of questions I want to know the answers to. The people she interviews are very interesting to me. Her blog and her facebook group, are similarly intriguing. I have to confess though it was her blog and the facebook group that made me mention her blog on this list. I just like her approach to community.

So that is it. The list is top left in the sidebar.

Happy reading and

lead well

Ron

2 comments:

Don Frederiksen said...

Ron,

Thanks for sharing the Lead Quietly blog link.

The Lead Quietly blog is simply a public study and exploration of leadership from my vantage point in the IT world. Some of your links, books, and references are my favorite sources of inspiration. Others are new to me but are now, thanks to you, are on my reading list.

Great blog and resources. Thanks for sharing and collaborating.

Don Frederiksen

Anna Farmery said...

On a cold day in the UK it is wonderful to see that my blog and podcast creates value in your life. Thank you so much for your kind words and remember what I always say "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel...."

My Favorites

Thoughts on a Recent Read

The Dip by Seth Godin

This was the first of Mr. Godin’s books I have read and I must say it will not be the last. I enjoyed this book and found its message wise and on point for our age. The premise of the book is that there is a time to quit a role, project, effort and a time to stay. When we have the opportunity to be the very best and are willing to pay the price, it is time to stay. When it is clear that staying will result in mediocrity or worse yet (Mr. Godin’s term for a dead end) a cul-de-sac, it is time to move on to something where we can be our best. The dip is the place in between. The place where we face opposition, adversity and discouragement. It is here that many wrongly chose to give up when greatness is not that far away for the brave souls who persevere.

Complexity: Low

Length: Short

Compelling: Very much

Worthwhile: Definitely